Monday 24 May 2010

Member Profiles: Elena

Elena Pippou - Hi! Elle here, I love the Arts and believe that Art might one day save the world….probably why I am Haringey’s Arts Officer, in my opinion the greatest job in the world. What is the best thing about my job? Meeting artists and finding fresh new talent (like James) from the deepest corners of Haringey.

Art needs not be pretentious or grand; I prefer it genuine, bold, and always beautiful. I’m a connoisseur of all things delicious. And, my favourite secret hotspots are – St Martin’s Lane hotel, drinking mint tea in the garden of the Paris mosque, Jimmy’s on Greek Street, having afternoon tea on 3rd floor café of the Portrait Gallery – and most of London really, it’s full of wonderful surprises! .

“I think I might sack you all.”

No comments:

Post a Comment